- HIPAA or Not, Health Apps Must Provide Breach Notificationby Elizabeth G. Litten (HIPAA & Health Information Technology) on September 20, 2021
The Federal Trade Commission seems to be getting serious about unauthorized disclosures of data collected by health apps. In a Policy Statement issued on September 15, 2021, the FTC says it will enforce its Health Breach Notification Rule, 16 C.F.R. Part 318 (the “Rule”): This Policy Statement serves to clarify the scope of the Rule,... Continue Reading
- Business Associates Beware: You May Need To Vaccinate Staff Under Recent Biden Executive Orderby Elizabeth G. Litten (HIPAA & Health Information Technology) on September 10, 2021
President Biden issued an Executive Order on September 9, 2021 (the “EO”) that will lead to required COVID-19 vaccinations for workers in most health care facilities that receive Medicare or Medicaid funds. This covers approximately 50,000 health care providers across the country. The EO also triggers COVID-19 vaccination requirements for many of these health care... Continue Reading
- Ben Fenton Quoted in Hospice News Article About Major Hospice & Home Health Acquisition by LHC Groupby Seth (Fenton Law Group) on September 9, 2021
Ben Fenton was recently quoted in Jim Parker’s Hospice News article “LHC Group Buys Hospice, Home Health Assets in 22 States from HCA-Brookdale Venture.” The post Ben Fenton Quoted in Hospice News Article About Major Hospice & Home Health Acquisition by LHC Group first appeared on Fenton Law Group.
- Understanding Home Health Care Billingby Seth (Fenton Law Group) on September 4, 2021
Setting up and managing a billing system for your health care business can be an arduous process. Fenton Law Group has helped in these cases. The post Understanding Home Health Care Billing first appeared on Fenton Law Group.
- Holiday Weekends Provide No Time Off From Cyber Threatsby Fox Rothschild LLP (HIPAA & Health Information Technology) on September 3, 2021
The FBI and the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) have issued a joint security advisory aimed at reminding businesses to be on guard over the Labor Day and other holiday weekends against cyberattacks. History has shown threat actors often ramp up ransomware and other attacks over holidays when businesses let down their guard. Nate... Continue Reading
- How to Keep Your Home Health Care Agency Compliantby Seth (Fenton Law Group) on September 2, 2021
When it comes to home health care compliance, you need a specialized legal team at your side. The post How to Keep Your Home Health Care Agency Compliant first appeared on Fenton Law Group.