- The OCR Remains Increasingly Active under the HIPAA Right of Access Initiativeby Jeffrey Jarel Johnson (HIPAA & Health Information Technology) on November 19, 2020
The Department of Health and Human Services (“HHS”) Office of Civil Rights (“OCR”) recently settled four more investigations under the HIPAA Right of Access Initiative, which totals 11 settlements thus far. In September, the OCR released a press release detailing its settlement of five additional actions under the HIPAA Right of Access Initiative. In the...
- U.S. News & World Report Ranks Fenton Law Group as a 2021 “Best Law Firm”by Seth (Fenton Law Group) on November 6, 2020
Fenton Law Group has been named a 2021 “Best Law Firm” in the areas of Health Care Law, Litigation – Healthcare, and Administrative/Regulatory Law by ... The post U.S. News & World Report Ranks Fenton Law Group as a 2021 “Best Law Firm” first appeared on Fenton Law Group.
- Re-Setting the Clock for Responding to Individual Access Requests Under the Information Blocking Ruleby Elizabeth G. Litten (HIPAA & Health Information Technology) on November 5, 2020
Covered entities beware: a timing pitfall lurks within the recently adopted rules prohibiting information blocking. We have posted about OCR’s “Right to Access Initiative” and numerous enforcement actions taken to make sure that covered entities respond to patient access requests in a timely manner. The HIPAA Privacy Rule requires covered entities to respond to access...
- Ben Fenton Featured in Medical Bag Article on the Affordable Care Actby Seth (Fenton Law Group) on October 30, 2020
Ben Fenton was recently interviewed by Lina Zeldovich for her Medical Bag article “Repealing the Affordable Care Act Could Hurt Physicians and Hospitals.” In the piece, ... The post Ben Fenton Featured in Medical Bag Article on the Affordable Care Act first appeared on Fenton Law Group.
- Nick Jurkowitz Quoted in Hospice News Article about False Claims Act Caseby Seth (Fenton Law Group) on October 27, 2020
Nick Jurkowitz was recently quoted in Jim Parker’s Hospice News article “U.S. Supreme Court May Hear Hospice FCA Case.” The article focuses on a False ... The post Nick Jurkowitz Quoted in Hospice News Article about False Claims Act Case first appeared on Fenton Law Group.
- Which Privacy Protections Apply? HIPAA, FERPA and COVID-19by Elizabeth G. Litten (HIPAA & Health Information Technology) on October 20, 2020
A recent conversation with a colleague in California prompted me to write this. He said that as part of its back-to-school plan, his children’s elementary school district “highly encouraged” that all students be tested for COVID-19 before returning to class. The district provided families with an in-home saliva test and asked parents to collect their...